Marist College attracts top employers to recruit its students. With an increasing number of employers recruiting Marist students, competition is growing as employers and students do whatever they can to gain a competitive advantage. Our programs are available to support Marist students, as well as prospective employers, in achieving career success.
Below is an outline of the many recruiting programs we have to offer:
- Career and Internship Fair: This event, held twice a year, is an opportunity for students to network with employers. Employers come to campus to promote their organizations and share valuable advice and information with Marist students regarding career trends, employment outlook and occupational options.
- On-Campus Recruiting (OCR): Recruiting officially spans for the Fall from September through December and in the Spring from January through May. We do make exceptions to those timelines if they are not convenient for an employer. All employers manager their OCR schedules on FoxQuest. Employers may obtain a FoxQuest account by following the directions below. Interviews take place at the Center for Career Services in the Cannavino Library. Any questions in reference to on-campus recruiting should be addressed to Desmond Murray, Associate Director for the Employer Experience, at 845-575-3547.
- Posting a Job or Internship: To list a part-time or full-time job or internship opportunity with Marist, we ask employers to visit Marist College's Online system - FoxQuest. This database is a national, web-based system for recruiting college students and graduates for full-time and internship opportunities.
First time employers:
- First, visit FoxQuest.
- Choose the "Register and Post Job" button if you want to post a job at this time. You will then receive, via email, a password within one week.
- Choose the "Register" button, fill out the registration form and Submit. If you choose the "Register" button, the software will send a password to your email address within one week.
Marist College reserves the right to withhold this service from organizations or positions that are not deemed to be appropriate for our students in relation to their educational and career goals. Marist College and/or Career Services does not verify or screen job candidates. It is the responsibility of the employer to research candidates thoroughly.
On-Campus Recruiting Guidelines
Experience shows the best employment decisions for both students and employers are those that are made without pressure and with the greatest amount of information and transparency. Students given sufficient time to attend career fairs, participate in on-campus interviews, and/or complete the interviewing in which they are currently engaged are more likely to make good long-term employment decisions and may be less likely to renege on job acceptances (NACE Advisory Opinion: Setting Reasonable Deadlines for Job Offers).
Reasonable efforts should be made on the part of employers participating in on-campus recruiting to allow students adequate time to make informed decisions when comparing and responding to offers for internships and full-time offers.
We would suggest to employers recruiting on campus that they allow a minimum of three weeks from the date of the written offers. Employers should be flexible in giving offer extensions on a case-by-case basis as the circumstance warrants. We recognize that offers extended after an internship and in certain industries might have varying deadlines.
School of Computer Science and Mathematics
- Full-time job offers extended following a summer internship must remain open until November 1.
- Full-time job offers extended after on-campus interviews must remain open for four weeks or until November 30, whichever is later.
For more information, please contact the Marist College Center for Career Services at email@example.com or 845-575-3547