At this time, we are recruiting students in 8th - 12th grades. Students who wish to participate in the program need to submit completed application packets as soon as possible. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Applications will be processed if there are student enrollment vacancies.
To have a better understanding of how Upward Bound operates, and the required standard(s) your child must meet in order to qualify for our services, we ask that you read the Director Introduction Letter, Instructions, and Program Description in our application packet.
Please click this link to download our printable application packet: Upward Bound Application
If you do not have access to a printer, please use this link for an online application: Online Application
(Additional forms and waivers will be mailed to you for completion)
If you do not have access to print our application, please call (845-575-3258) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) our office and we will mail you an application packet. Please note, application materials may be mailed, scanned, or faxed back to us.
Candidates must also submit copies of the following documents, which can be obtained through your school's guidance department:
- An official school transcript which includes 3 years of academic records (or final report cards for last 3 years)
- Most recent report card for the current school year
- NYS Grade 7 and 8* standardized test scores in English Language Arts (ELA) and Math
- (*If not yet available, test scores will be requested by our office in the fall of students' 9th grade year. Students who opted out or were excused from testing do not need to provide scores.)
- An IEP report (when applicable)
- A complete application will also include a copy of the student's Social Security card, copy of the most recently filed federal tax return (form 1040) and documentation of current immigration status for non-U.S. citizens.
Should the student meet eligibility requirements and have a completed application with required documents, an interview will be requested for you and your child with an Upward Bound staff member.
Please be certain that all parts of the application are carefully filled out by a parent, or legal guardian. Incomplete applications will result in delays, and will not be reviewed until complete. Application materials must be sent to the Marist Upward Bound Admissions Committee, 3399 North Road, Poughkeepsie NY 12601-1387.
If you need assistance, please call our office at 575-3258 between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. If you call after 5:00 p.m., you may leave a brief message.