Master of Science in Computer Science – Software Development
Master of Science in Computer Science - Software Development
Earn Your Graduate Degree in Computer Science - Software Development
The primary goal of the MS in Computer Science - Software Development is to prepare students for the challenges faced by professionals in this rapidly changing field. Students may select from a broad base of advanced courses in software design and development, systems programming, database design and programming, computer architecture, distributed systems, artificial intelligence, game design and programming, web technology, networking, and computer graphics.
5 Distinctions of the Marist MS in Computer Science - Software Development Program:
- Students can begin either in fall or spring semester and study full- or part-time. Courses are held at Marist's Poughkeepsie campus. Some classes are also available online.
- Marist is the first graduate institution to acquire zEnterprise machines.
- Marist is a New York State Center of Excellence in Cloud Computing and Business Analytics.
- Marist's excellent name recognition enhances employment and internship opportunities through the College's Career Services Office.
- Merit Scholarships and Corporate and Organizational Partnerships are available to help reduce tuition costs.
Upon graduation, students in the program will have acquired the advanced education and experience necessary to embark upon a career, or advance their current career, in computer science. The program is particularly relevant for people currently working or seeking jobs as application programmers, database designers, network specialists, or systems developers in industry, government, or education. Graduates are also well prepared to pursue doctoral study.
The department is committed to maintaining a quality program consistent with the overall mission of the College and the ever-changing demands of the profession.
Some of the Careers Available to Graduates of this Program
- Network Specialist
- Systems Analyst
- Project Manager
- Application Programmer
- Systems Programmer
- Software Developer
- Software Engineer
To learn more about this exciting program contact Graduate Admission at 888.877.7900. We can provide you with detailed information about the course of study, tuition pricing and financial aid options, and career opportunities.
Loading contact form...
Michael Gildein, MS '16
Senior Manager - z/OS Test Services
The skills learned while earning my degree helped me become more well-rounded in my profession with extensive hands-on experience. Professors teaching cutting-edge technologies and languages placed my skill set among the top in my area. Skills and knowledge that, years later, is still bearing fruit. Beyond graduation, the faculty and I continue to have a relationship where we discuss new ideas and technologies.