Master of Public Administration (MPA)
MPA Admission Requirements
You have put a lot of thought into making the decision to apply. Make sure you don’t forget the details!
Preparing to Apply
Before you begin the online application, we highly recommend you have your current resume and personal statement finalized. Both documents will be uploaded to the centralized application.
How to Apply
All applications for admission will be processed through a centralized application service for graduate business programs (BusinessCAS).
You will create an account via the online application portal (preferred browsers are Google Chrome or Firefox). If you encounter any issues, please contact our technical support at 857-304-2053 x4025 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will select the following:
- Term – summer, fall or spring
- Institution – Marist College
- Program – MPA (be sure to select the correct application by location/delivery: Albany, Poughkeepsie, Queens, or Online)
A Complete Application in BusinessCAS includes the following:
- Unofficial transcript from bachelor’s degree-granting college/university must be uploaded to the application for an admission decision. Official bachelor’s degree noted transcript will be required upon acceptance in order to matriculate.
- Electronic official transcripts will be accepted through Credentials Solutions, National Clearinghouse, or Parchment. Be sure to enter Marist College as the recipient
- Official transcripts can also be sent via mail to:
Office of Enrollment Services
3399 N. Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
- Current resume
- Personal statement to include responses to the following:
- Why are you interested in pursuing a degree at Marist College?
- What are your academic/professional goals and how do you believe Marist can assist in achieving those goals?
- Provide some personal history/additional information about you that will help the Admission Committee better make an informed admission decision
- Official GRE score report taken within the last 5 years (waived if holding an advanced degree)
- GRE report code is 4117
GRE is not required if you meet one of the following:
- Earned advanced degree
- 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
- 2.75 - 2.99 cumulative GPA and 10 or more years of professional work experience
- Nonrefundable $70 application fee
Loading contact form...