Master of Arts in School Psychology
MA in School Psychology
NASP-Approved M.A. in School Psychology: The Personal Choice for Your Professional Journey
Did you know that U.S. News & World Report has ranked school psychology as the #1 Best Social Service Job and #17 out of 100 Best Jobs overall for 2015? If you're interested in starting your career in this rewarding and exciting field, Marist's program offers on-campus courses, professional field experiences in school districts, and leads to New York State Education Department (NYSED) certification as a school psychologist.
Distinctions of the Marist MA in School Psychology Program
- The MA in School Psychology program is approved by the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP), preparing students to work as practicing school psychologists and leading to New York State certification and eligibility for National Certification as a School Psychologist (NCSP).
- Excellent employment outcomes: 82% of the Class of 2014 secured temporary, part-time, or full-time positions as school psychologists within six months of graduation.
- Small classes enhance student/faculty interaction.
- Evening classes in your first year allow you to work and study during the daytime.
- Core School Psychology faculty are experienced, certified, school psychologists.
- Specialized Career Services assistance for students and alumni.
- Scholarships, assistantships, and organizational partnerships help reduce tuition costs.
Loading contact form...
Julissa Marcano MA '19
The cohorts are small and this is important because it gives me the opportunity to establish relationships with faculty and candidates. The faculty is another reason why I chose Marist. Most of the professors have past experience as working school psychologists where they relate the real experience to what we are learning in class. They also have a passion for school psychology and bettering the lives of children as a whole, which make learning exciting. The professors are involved and willing to help and work on research projects that further our professional development.
Read more about Julissa's experience in her Red Fox Spotlight interview!