Marist College Counseling Services is dedicated to the personal, interpersonal, and collective wellness of the campus community. Our mission is to provide information, services, and support with compassion, integrity, and efficiency.
We have shifted to our Summer Service Model in the Counseling Center. We are currently providing the following:
- Consultation and Referral Services: We can assist students in connecting to providers close to home or with long-term, specialized options.
- Limited short-term counseling: For students who are residing on-campus or in the surrounding area, or enrolled in on-site learning such as the PA and PT programs. Ongoing individual counseling, groups, and workshops will resume in the Fall 2021 semester.
- Mental health emergencies: On-Call Services remain available for currently enrolled students residing on-campus or in the surrounding area, as well as for any Marist community member who has urgent concerns about a student. Please call our office during normal business hours (845)575-3314 or contact the Office of Safety & Security (845)471-1822 outside of business hours.
Finding a Therapist
Statement of Solidarity & Action
The Counseling Services staff is actively involved in addressing critical issues of social justice and anti-racism work through our collaborative efforts with other campus partners and in our own internal ongoing professional learning and team process. Click here for our statement.
If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, contact your RA/RD on-duty or the Office of Safety & Security at (845)471-1822 to access the On-Call Counselor. If you are experiencing a psychiatric emergency related to your or another’s personal safety, please call 911, go to your nearest hospital, or see below for Crisis Hotlines:
- Dutchess County Helpline & Stabilization Center: talk/text: 845-485-9700
- NY State Office of Mental Health Coronavirus Emotional Support Line: 1-844-863-9314
- National Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255
- National Text Crisis Line: Text HOME to 741741
- National Text Crisis Line for Students of Color: Text STEVE to 741741
- National Trans Lifeline: 1-877-565-8860
Contact our office (845)575-3314 or email@example.com with any questions.